MAX Sensor MX001A Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor TPMS Sensor is compatible with 99% of vehicles. It’s built to perform just like Original Equipment (OE) Sensors, in terms of signal interval, durability and functionality. It’s equipped with an automotive grade battery for the purpose of withstanding harsh weather conditions. The aluminum stem is anodized in order to prevent corrosion resistance. The stem is is designed to adjust from 0-40 degrees so it can fit all types of wheels including steel and aluminum aftermarket wheels. Circuit Performance ships the sensor pre-programmed to be recognizable by your vehicle as an OEM sensor.
Why do you need a TPMS Sensor?
- Fuel Savings: For every 10% of under-inflation on each tire on a vehicle, a 1% reduction in fuel economy will occur. This adds up to 2 billion gallons of fuel wasted each year in the United States.
- Extended Tire Life: Under inflated tires are the #1 cause of tire failure, and directly contribute to tire disintegration, heat buildup, ply separation and sidewall breakdowns.
- Improved Safety: Under inflated tires cause 40,000 accidents in the US, along with 33,000 injuries and 650 deaths.
- Environmental Efficiency: The US DOT estimates that under inflated tires directly lead to over 57 billion pounds of carbon-monoxide pollutants
Since September 2007, all new vehicles sold in the United States have been equipped with TPMS sensors that alert the driver immediately if tire is in a hazardous condition. Many states that require annual vehicle inspections also require a properly functioning TPMS system to pass inspection.
Features of the MAX MX001A TPMS Sensor
- Built to perform like O.E sensors, in terms of signal interval, durability & functionality.
- Automotive battery grade to meet most severe weather conditions.
- Precision crafted air valve to prevent air pressure leakage.
- Anodized stem valve for corrosion resistance.
- 0-40 degree adjustable stem valve to fit all types of wheels.
- Fast & simple assembly onto any aluminum & steel wheels.
- SAE J2657 compliant and readable and triggered by other diagnostic tools
- Independent lab tested for performance and durability
- Sold individually